YouthPoint Centre for Young People, Watford
- Free or low cost
- View on map...
Come to this brand new centre for young people in the heart of Watford and see what you can do! YouthPoint Centre for Young People is an exciting new place for young people aged 13-19. It's fully equipped with impressive state-of-the-art facilities for you to use whatever you are into... art, music, film, cooking, drama, sport to name just a few. There are also Youth Connexions personal advisers on hand in the YouthPoint One Stop Shop to give you information and advice on all sorts of subjects. Youth workers provide a programme of activities for you to get involved with - most free or at low cost.The fantastic new facilities at the YouthPoint Centre for Young People include:
• a Youth Connexions One Stop Shop where you can get information, advice, guidance and support on a range of subjects including education, training, careers, health, relationships and whatever is on your mind. For more info and opening hours see the first useful link below.
• a training and life skills kitchen where you can develop independence and knowledge of healthy food, budgeting etc.
• a multi-use activity hall for sports, dance, drama and perfomances
• an arts and crafts studio
• a multi-media and film studio
• a recording and band practice studio
There are also interview rooms for one-to-ones and counselling and two group-work rooms for activities, training and meetings.
You can drop in to the YouthPoint One Stop Shop at any time during the opening hours below. To find out more about the activities on offer at YouthPoint please call 01923 482828 and we'll send you a programme of events.
The YouthPoint Centre for Young People is fully wheelchair accessible.
Venue: YouthPoint Centre for Young People, 206-210 Lower High Street, Watford WD17 2EL
Age Range: 13-19, up to 25 for young people with learning disabilities
Cost: Free or low cost
Timing and Repeats:
The YouthPoint office is open 9-5pm Monday to Friday and the One Stop Shop is open 11am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Booking Info: Drop-in / no booking needed
Contact: Pauline Butcher, tel:07769 648524