Say Something Telephone Helpline 116 000
- national telephone helpline
- View on map...
Say Something is a new national telephone helpline and email advice service for children and young people to report child sexual exploitation (CSE) and get advice on how to keep safe and where to seek support. It is not OK for someone to expect you or your friends to do things you don’t want to. Listen to your instincts: if it doesn’t feel right – tell someone. 24/7, FREE, ANONYMOUS, CALL OR TEXT 116 000.
What is child sexual exploitation?
Child sexual exploitation (CSE) is when a young person is used by being made or tricked into doing something sexual, sometimes receiving something in return lsuch as love, affection, money, drugs or alcohol.
What is Say Something?
'Say something' is a new national service to help raise awareness amongst young people of the risks and dangers of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and provide advice on how you can keep safe and get support. If you want to report something or discuss something give them a call.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Call or text the free 116 000 helpline to talk to someone anonymously 24/7
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A team of trained staff and volunteers are there for you 24/7. They won’t judge you or tell you what to do. They will listen to, understand and help you.
The helpline is anonymous and confidential. This means
- Your phone number or email cannot be seen so they do not know who you are.
- You do not need to give your name or any personal details about yourself - you will still be listened to.
- If you do want to report something or if you want some help you may be asked for your name and contact details, again it is up to you if you don't want to give these.
- The phone call will not show on your bill.
Say Something website
Go to the SaySomething website to find advice by young people for young people about staying safe.
CSE is against the law. If you, or someone else, is in immediate danger, dial 999 and ask for help from the Police.
Venue: Say Something is a telephone and text helpline, this postcode is only for the search engine, national telephone helpline SG1 2QF
Age Range: All ages
Timing and Repeats:
Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Booking Info: Drop-in / no booking needed
PDF: Say Something poster