Plus One - Support for Young Parents and Parents-to-be
Are you aged 14-21? Do you have a baby or are you pregnant? Why not join the YC Hertfordshire PLUS ONE programme? Plus One is a course for young mums/dads and young mums/dads-to-be who live in Hertfordshire. It's completely free and will help you manage the challenge of being a parent and develop important skills and qualities for your future.
What's in it for you?
The YC Hertfordshire Plus One course is a great opportunity for you to:
- Meet others and make new friends
- Develop your parenting and healthy living skills
- Get tips on how to make your money go further
- Find out about what’s on locally for you and your baby
- Learn more about yourself and develop confidence
- Learn about healthy relationships and sexual health
- Share ideas and discover what is important
- Gain a nationally-recognised City and Guilds qualification
The sessions consist of workshops, team challenges, guest speakers, visits to places where you can get ongoing support and a host of other fun and interactive activities.
You will get lots of support throughout the programme as well as help to plan your future.
After the course you will continue to get one-to-one support, information, advice and guidance with your next steps from YC Hertfordshire personal advisers and youth workers.
How much is it?
The YC Hertfordshire Plus One course is completely free. If you need childcare we can support you and help you to apply for funding for it.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you. Please contact Debbie Fitzgerald on 01992 588855 or at email@example.com.
Venue: Various locations, across, Hertfordshire
Age Range: 14-21 (up to 24 if you have a learning difficulty or disability)
Timing and Repeats:
The Plus One courses run one day a week for 10 weeks or ½ day a week for 20 weeks.
Booking Info: Booking always needed
Contact: Debbie Fitzgerald, tel:01992 588855